Saturday 30 January 2010

Training Week 9 Recap

Hi guys,

This week's recap comes a little bit earlier. Tomorrow being a Sunday, I'm not going to have any time, nor will I do any running. I'll be packing my bags and returning to the UK. My time in Spain has come to an end, so it's time for me to move along and run elsewhere. Here's a recap of week 9.

Tuesday
Type: Intervals.
Time and Distance: 60 mins, 12.25 km.
Detail: 20 mins at 10.5 km/h pace. 4 x 1600m at 14.0 km/h pace, followed by 1 min at 8.0 pace. 1x 1600m at 14.3 km/h pace, followed by 5 mins at 10.5 km/h pace.

Wednesday
Type: Easy with hills.
Time and Distance: 43 mins 43 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 22:49. Second half at 20:54.

Thursday
Type: Tempo.
Time and Distance: 60 mins, 12.05 km.
Detail: 20 mins at 10.5 km/h pace. 20 mins at 13.5 km/h pace. 10 mins at 14.0 km/h pace. 10 mins at 10.5 km/h pace.

Saturday
Type: Easy.
Time and Distance: 120 mins, 22.62 km.
Detail: 20 mins at 10.5 km/h pace. 40 mins at 11.0 km/h pace. 30 mins at 11.5 km/h pace. 20 mins at 12.0 km/h pace. 10 mins of pickups at the end from 14 km/h to 18 km/h.

Total Weekly Distance: 54.32 km.

Comments: A much better week overall. The Tuesday interval session was a pretty hard effort for me, it's been a while since I've done mile repeats at that pace. The tempo session was pretty manageable, I'd be keen to increase the time and pace spent running the tempo session. The Saturday run was pretty comfortable. I'm keen to increase the distance on that run next week. A better weekly mileage so far.

Improvements: I'm hoping that I can maintain the weekly mileage for next week, as I start life again in the UK. All of my faster runs are done on a treadmill, so I'm going to have to find a treadmill to do tempo runs and intervals, or I may have to do my faster running on the road. Hopefully the snow would have stopped by then.

In other news, one of the events that I'm training for is the Reading Half Marathon on Sunday 21st March. With Berlin being the race to peak for I'm also quite keen to do well in Reading too, to see how the training is going. The atmosphere at Reading is electric, and it's also the second biggest half marathon in the UK. My PB over the half marathon is 1:36:40 (also set at Reading), and I'd love to break 1:30:00 this time. Most of my faster running is focused around training to run at this required pace, so hopefully I can pull it off on race day.

Another idea that I had is to include pictures on my blog entries. After reviewing some of my entries, I thought they could be much improved if I managed to include pictures with them. One of the blogs that I follow includes a lot of pictures, which makes for very easy and interesting reading. Hopefully there'll be a few pictures from me coming your way.

Best,

Aaron