Tuesday 2 February 2010

Back in the UK

Hi all,

I'm now back in the UK! Unfortunately I'm afraid updates may be less frequent as I don't have suitable Internet access in my apartment, i.e. my laptop cannot connect to the Internet, but my iPod can. I prefer not to write blog entries on my iPod if I can help it.

The good news is that a very good mate of mine, Shaun, is in the UK on assignment for a number of weeks, and I'm staying with him in the same apartment. Shaun has kindly brought over my favourite energy gels from New Zealand, which I've basically sworn to for as long as I've been running marathons. Also he's a runner too, and he's keen to join me on my training runs. Having run a handful of halves, he's yet to step up to the marathon, but I'm working on that!

Finally George Anderson, a running coach who happens to be based in or near Reading, has started tweeting, and he's managed to find me on Twitter! George offers a lot of running advice to beginners and advanced runners and is a wealth of running knowledge. Having started an online community for runners training specifically for the Reading Half Marathon, I've been following George online since I started training for this event last year. George is still involved in this year's event in March, and again will be the pace setter for any runner wanting to complete the distance in 1:30:00 or less. I'd like to break 1:30:00 in the half this year; I hope to keep up with him, even if he has to carry me over the finish line... but that finish time won't count, would it.

TTFN,

Aaron