Sunday 24 January 2010

Training Week 8 Recap

Well, what a bad week it's been. I've just returned from the UK and it's been a rather forgettable trip. On top of that I did absolutely no running there despite bringing my gear along. At least I managed to catch Avatar 3D at the movies. Anyway this is a blog on my running, not about the many problems over the past week. The recap begins and it's not pretty reading.

Monday
Type: Easy with hills.
Time and Distance: 36 mins 8 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 18:41. Second half at 17:27.

Tuesday
Type: Intervals.
Time and Distance: 45 mins, 8.25 km.
Detail: 20 mins at 10.5 km/h pace. 2 x 1000m at 16.0 km/h pace, followed by 2 mins at 8.0 pace and 4 mins at 8.0 pace. After that, blew up completely.

Wednesday
Type: Recovery with hills.
Time and Distance: 44 mins 5 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 23:04. Second half at 21:01.

Total Weekly Distance: 23.05 km.

Comments: A very poor week overall. The interval session on Tuesday felt extremely difficult, which was probably a consequence of my previous easy runs being too hard (see Monday's effort). Wednesday's recovery run on the same easy run route made running more enjoyable. Unfortunately I did not manage to run any more after that.

Improvements: More mileage. Enough said.

What else can I say. I'm very frustrated with the week just gone and my running efforts. I'm hoping that future weeks won't be as bad, because a weekly effort of 23 km is extremely poor. I could manage that in one day.

Not wanting to sound presumptuous, but with 4 days of no running I'm feeling very strong and eager to hit the roads again. I'm hoping that come tomorrow I can put myself back on track.

Onwards and upwards,

Aaron