Sunday 30 May 2010

Training Week 25 + 26 Recap

Hi all,

The past couple of weeks have been pretty scant on recaps, due to business, Copenhagen marathon and a brief Danish holiday, so I'm putting Weeks 25 and 26 in this post. Here's how the last two weeks panned out.

Wednesday
Type: Easy with hills
Time and Distance: 34 mins 37 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 17:57. Second half at 16:40.

Sunday
Type: Marathon
Time and Distance: 223 mins 17 secs, 42.195 km.
Detail: Kept the pace and intensity easy the whole way. Legs started getting tired around the 25-30 km mark. Still managed to go faster as the race went on.
Splits: 1st half 1:54:19. 2nd half 1:48:58
Average pace between splits: 1st half: 5:25 mins/km (11.07 km/h). 2nd half: 5:10 mins/km (11.62 km/h).

Total Weekly Distance: 49.595 km.

Saturday
Type: Recovery with hills
Time and Distance: 44 mins 37 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 23:12. Second half at 21:25. Not a great run actually, felt very flat throughout.

Sunday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 53 mins 48 secs, 9.5 km.
Detail: Kept it slow, had a few walking breaks.

Total Weekly Distance: 16.9 km.

Comments: A pretty easy couple of weeks, just to stay fresh for Copenhagen and to recover from that effort. I actually felt pretty good in the first few days after Copenhagen, without too many sore muscles or walking difficulties. However when I went for my first run yesterday, I was feeling very flat, which might be a consequence of running the Copenhagen marathon last Sunday. Hopefully I won't be low on energy for too long.

Improvements: The business end is upon me! There are 17 weeks to Berlin, which is the event I'm targeting to hopefully break 3 hours. I'm intending to take next week easy, but the next 16 weeks will be the key. The FP Run Club will give me a 16-week sub-3 hour training programme, which I will follow as closely as possible. If the 1st week is going to start out tough, then I need to be properly rested to start with. So I'll take it easy this week, and see what's in store for me after that.

I'm currently drafting up an entry on running form and technique, and how addressing these points in my running has helped me so far. It will be here very soon!

Best,

Aaron