Sunday 6 June 2010

Training Week 27 Recap

Hey all,

This week has been another quiet week, as I try to take it easy and prepare for the coming 16 weeks ahead. There are 16 weeks to my target event, so from now on it's pretty much full steam ahead for Berlin. Here's how this week went.

Monday
Type: Recovery with hills
Time and Distance: 49 mins 15 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 25:15. Second half at 24:00.

Tuesday
Type: Easy with hills
Time and Distance: 35 mins 54 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 19:10. Second half at 16:44. Same route as Monday, but as a time trial at easy pace.

Wednesday
Type: Easy with hills
Time and Distance: 36 mins 9 secs, 7.4 km.
Detail: First half at 19:19. Second half at 16:50. Same route as Tuesday, same time trial at easy pace.

Total Weekly Distance: 22.2 km

Comments: Another easy week, just to stay fresh and relaxed for the hard work ahead.

Improvements: The hard work starts now! There are now 16 weeks to Berlin, the event I am targeting for sub-3 hours. I haven't yet received my training email from the FP Run Club yet, which will outline how I should train this coming week. Regardless of whether I receive the week's training programme in time, I'm going to pick up the effort from tomorrow with threshold running and continuous hills, whilst keeping up the easy aerobic running.

I feel embarrassed to keep saying that my post on form and technique is still not here. This will be here very shortly. And I hope that it will be helpful as it has to me.

Still busy!

Aaron