Thursday 20 May 2010

Off to Copenhagen

Hey all,

Just a quick note that I'm running the Copenhagen Marathon this Sunday. This is the 2nd marathon of the year, and I'm already heading into new territory with the amount of marathon running done this year. I've only done a maximum of two marathons a year (back in 2007), so with a few more planned this year I'm already raising the number to crazy heights!

I don't know much about the Copenhagen Marathon, or the city as well, so it should be an interesting experience, which could turn out to be "love it or hate it". If their website is accurate, the number of runners is around 12000+ and they're still accepting registrations! The course profile indicates a undulating race from start to finish so I don't think it will be a fast race.

As intended, the goal is to keep this as easy as possible, so if I can do another sub 4-hour time, I'd be extremely happy. Over the past few weeks technique has really been hammered into me. So the things to focus on are: correct running form, proper breathing, and keeping the effort to around a 6/10. If I feel like I'm running on oxygen alone (figuratively speaking of course) then I've done my job! Let's see if I can concentrate for 42.2 km!

See ya

Aaron