Sunday 11 July 2010

Training Week 32 Recap

Hey guys,

Another very hard week for me, with increased training demands and juggling relocation as well. Thankfully I've managed to bank all my runs this week and the mileage has increased from last week by a little. Here's how this week went.

Monday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 29 mins 6 secs, 4.2 km.

Tuesday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 27 mins 18 secs, 4 km.

Type: Threshold
Time and Distance: 58 mins 34 secs, 11.6 km.
Detail: Warm up for 15 mins. 30 mins at threshold pace.

Wednesday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 58 mins 54 secs, 8.4 km.

Thursday
Type: Mixed pace
Time and Distance: 70 mins 33 secs, 13.5 km.
Detail: Warm up for 15 mins. 10 mins of threshold with 90 secs recovery. 4 x 3 mins at 10k pace with 90 secs recovery. 10 mins of threshold with 90 secs recovery. Cool down for 15 mins.

Saturday
Type: Continuous hills
Time and Distance: 63 mins, 11.42 km.
Detail: 15 mins warmup. 3 sets of 12 mins at threshold with 90 seconds recovery. 15 mins cooldown.

Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 29 mins 24 secs, 4.4 km.

Sunday
Type: Long run
Time and Distance: 120 mins, 21.6 km.

Total Weekly Distance: 79.12 km

Comments: More huge mileage this week, but only slightly higher than last week. Last week had 2 longish runs, while this week focused on faster running. On the day of Sunday's long run, I actually felt like skipping it as I didn't get that much sleep the night before. But I still did it anyway, albeit at a reduced pace than my other long runs. I'm glad to have banked more miles that morning, otherwise I wouldn't have made 60 km this week!

Improvements: Week 6 is going to test the progress I have made since I first started. There will be two runs at my goal marathon pace, including a half marathon distance done at goal race pace. That means I have to run this in 1:30 or under!!!!! I've never done this before in a training or a race setting before. It will be interesting to see how that goes!

Tomorrow I will be relocating to Oslo, Norway, for around 3 or so months, to experience a new culture and working environment (still working with the same company). Relocation is always crazy, but I've managed to plan this one out well, and still do my 8 runs a week, so I guess I'll pat myself on the back for that. Hopefully running in Oslo will be a good experience, i.e. not crazy hot like in the UK of late, good surfaces, a few hills, or even a flat stretch of road to do some speedwork. I hope for a smooth transition tomorrow, and hopefully it won't disrupt the coming week's training as well.

Now, it's time to grab something to eat and find a place to watch the World Cup Final! Since Germany got knocked out (and came 3rd in last night's match), I'm going to support the Dutch tonight. Hopefully it will be a cracker of a final. GO ORANGE!

Cheers!

Aaron