Sunday 15 August 2010

Training Week 37 Recap

Evening guys,

This has been a rather lazy week for me. With week after week of hard training, I felt like I needed a break from it all, so to speak, and ended up doing very little mileage this week. I was supposed to run a half marathon today at marathon pace or faster, but "chickened" out in the morning, and ended up doing an easy run instead. I knew I didn't have it in me to do this run, and if I attempted it I would probably be wasting much needed energy for future training runs. Put simply, I felt burnt out this week! Hopefully I can regather the momentum next week.....

Tuesday
Type: Mixed pace
Time and Distance: 57 mins, 12.05 km.
Detail: Warmed up for 15 mins (2.2 km). Did 3 mins at threshold, with 75 secs recovery (approx 700m). Did 3 mins at 10k pace, with 75 secs recovery (approx 750m). Did this 3 more times. Cool down for approx 18 mins (3.3 km).

Wednesday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 44 mins 47 secs, 6.4 km.

Thursday
Type: Progression
Time and Distance: 30 mins 35 secs, 6.4 km.
Detail:
Warmed up for 10 mins (1.6 km). Did 10 mins at marathon pace (approx 2.25 km). Did 10 mins 35 secs at threshold pace (2.55 km).

Saturday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 25 mins 6 secs, 3.9 km.

Sunday
Type: Recovery
Time and Distance: 44 mins 53 secs, 6.8 km.

Total Weekly Distance: 35.55 km

Comments: Another not-so-great week. It was supposed to be an easier week, but I was gutted not to get that half marathon in. Partly because I felt burnt out, partly because of concerns with my left leg (which is getting better I think), I decided to just take it easy this week!

Improvements: Next week is going to be key. I haven't done a long run for a while, so that will be a challenge. There's only six weeks to race day, and the first three weeks will be CRUCIAL. I have to put in the effort, even if I don't feel like it!

I feel like I've done hardly anything this week. Tomorrow, I am hoping to gather some much-needed drive very quickly and put in some quality mileage. My mind may think that I'm feeling burnt out, but somehow my legs are feeling rather strong and fresh, maybe there's still life in this old dog after all.

The time is now,

Aaron